Technology has changed the way we live, act, react, and interact. We are amidst the most profound transformations that the world has ever experienced. The pace of this transformation is accelerating towards a truly smart and connected world.
This change is evident as the number of devices, applications and services surrounding us are increasing by each passing day. As per industry experts, over 50 billion devices will be connected worldwide by 2020, which will give us unparalleled access to real-time data and insights.
- The digitisation of our world is a revolution, with the potential to transform the way we work.
- At the heart of this is the technological advancement, driven by Moore’s Law, which delivers greater computing capability that can be used both in the cloud and in devices.
- This fantastic amalgamation of increased computing capability and explosion of data will deliver amazing experiences and breakthrough services.
- In medical field, real-time sensing and advanced analytics will enable doctors to diagnose conditions early and more accurately. This will help them prescribe precise medicines. A quicker treatment would save more lives.
- Technology would help the environment in many ways. Self-driving vehicles could reduce energy consumption in transportation by as much as 90%, resulting in safer, efficient driving, and a less polluted world.
- With real-time insights from weather and soil data, farmers can increase crop yield and produce more food.
- In the world of computing, data has attained the status of lifeline:
- By the end of 2016 it’s estimated that an average person would generate 650MB of data a day—through use of PCs, mobile phones and wearables.
- By 2020, this number is expected to rise to 1.5GB of data per day.
- While that’s an impressive 200% increase in less than four years, it still pales in comparison to let’s say what an autonomous car will generate at 4000GB of data per day, according to Datafloq.
- When we apply advanced data analytics to empower machines with human-like intelligence, we can effect real change.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is already around us, from talk-to-text, photo tagging and fraud detection to precision medicine and autonomous cars.
- There are opportunities galore for tech ecosystem in India. Programs such as Digital India, Startup India, and Make in India, are key catalysts, and the ecosystem partners play a vital role in making these initiatives real and sustainable.
Technology will allow the merging of “real” and “digital” world to realize a smart & connected world.