As part of its initiatives, The Ponty Chadha Foundation sets up medical camps regularly to conduct free tests and check-ups. Recently such an event was conducted, where the foundation in collaboration with the Indo German Hospital organized a medical camp in the Village Raghunathpur. Here are some of the highlights of the health camp:
- One hundred and twenty two members from 750 families in the village attended the camp.
- The medical camp was held at the village school premises where seating arrangements were done for over forty people. Patients were given a token as they waited for their turn. They then registered their names and ages in the OPD card after which they were called by a doctor for a check-up. Later, they collected the medicines from the distribution counter.
- There were patients who had problems related to body pain, asthma, etc. for which they were referred to the Indo German Hospital. Here they would be given facilities for further check up.
- The doctors at the camp pointed out that the village had a high number of patients with body pain and asthma.
- The health camp received a good response from the villagers. They said the free camp had benefitted them very much as they got medicines for regular problems for which they had never received any treatment before.
The foundation was set up by Mrs. Jatinder Kaur Chadha, wife of the late Mr. Ponty Chadha. Mrs. Jatinder Kaur Chadha has kept the tradition alive and aims to channelize the group’s capabilities towards social welfare and economic development of the related communities.