In order to make Noida litter-free, the Noida Authority has allotted a sum of Rs 325 crore.
- New private agency would be roped in to clean city’s roads with automated machines.
- The agency would have a contract for five years.
- The six main roads that have been identified for mechanized sweeping are Master Plan 1, 2, 3, Dadri-Surajpur Chhalera (DSC) Road, Udyog Marg and 25-km Noida Expressway.
- A total of Rs 35 crore has been set aside to procure road sweeping machines.
- The selected private agency would also have the contract for door-to-door garbage collection, for which Rs 290 crore has been allotted.
- With an aim to develop an effective mechanism by the yearend, the selection process would take another 2-3 months time.
- Several years ago, the authority had introduced a mechanized sweeping machine to clean city road, but the attempt was unsuccessful.
- The project has been vetted by IIT-Delhi and has been studied at length in cities like Mumbai and Chandigarh.
One project in Noida, Wave City Center, located in the heart of the city at Sector 32 A and 25, is the First Smart Township in India. The project would have an exclusive feature of solid waste management which would be supported by the latest technology.
Source: TOI, HT