To provide relief to the residents of Noida, the Noida Authority has taken numerous steps.
- In order to make the commuters aware of the traffic rules, the Noida Authority is planning to begin the construction of a Traffic Park in Sector 108.
- Two U-turns and an underpass will come up along road number 6 that starts from the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway near Sector 98 and ends at NH-24 near Electronic City.
- These two projects will bring great relief to commuters as it will reduce the traffic burden on the roads of sectors the project will connect.
- To come up at an estimated cost of Rs. 88 Crore, the underpass will be constructed at the junction of sectors 62, 64, 66 and 59. About 600m long, it will support six lanes and is expected to be ready in 18 months.
- The Noida Authority is all set to develop two new sky-walks for the convenience of the pedestrians.
- The skywalk at Botanical Garden will be built at a cost of Rs. 53 Crore. In the first phase, a 2km stretch from the Metro station to Sector 18 market is likely to be constructed and later it will be extended to other key areas.
- The second skywalk will be 70m long and will be built at a cost of Rs. 3.8 Crore.
One of the developments, the ITMS, was recently awarded:
The Intelligent Traffic Management System installed on the Greater Noida expressway has been selected by the Centre for a special award as Best Practice Project in Urban Transport for 2015. The Rs. 30 Crore system was rolled out by an Austrian company on the 24km e-way and may be extended to all of Noida. Officials said it has brought down the accident rate by about 25%.