Bridges are made to help you cross the road, rivers, etc. Here’s a development which does the same.
- A new 8-lane bridge across the Hindon River will soon improve connectivity between the twin cities of Noida and Greater Noida.
- Work on the under-construction bridge is almost 90% complete. It is expected to be ready in the next 4-5 months.
- Once the bridge is in place it will provide respite to scores of commuters who travel between Noida and Greater Noida.
- Noida and Greater Noida are sharing the cost of the project by contributing 50% each.
- If all goes as per plan, the new bridge should be in place by March or April 2016.
Not just this but the Noida Authority has also planned many such developments to give ease to commuters and pedestrians alike.
- The Noida Authority has proposed to build four foot over bridges (FOB) on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, in a bid to improve pedestrian safety on the high speed road.
- These four FOBs will be built within the stretch from the 11.5km to 19.6km zone of the expressway.
- More footbridges will be built on the speedway in the future.
- Pedestrian safety in the city is set to get a boost with the Noida Authority moving forward on building two skywalks, one at the busy Noida Sector 18 crossing and the other near Sector 15 Metro station.