The Next Station is “Wave City Center”! Branded Metro Stations – A Step towards taking Noida to the Global Pedestal
Metro is fast becoming the most preferred means of transport in cities in India. With roads filled with potholes and cars clogging the ever busy roads, Metro seems like the only way out to save the transport woes of this country. Delhi was the first to build it and since then many cities then followed.
“Emirates Stadium in London” & “The Barclays Center in New York” are two examples of branding infrastructure. And this is what the DMRC has brought to India. The ‘naming rights auction’ by DMRC, has put the Metro rail network on the global pedestal.
This initiative helps both Metro & the brand that get associated with it:
- This initiative gives a great way for the Metro to earn some good revenue.
- The ten year investment by big brands is a path breaking move for sure as it gives them the opportunity to constantly interact with their end users.
- This initiative is sure to start a new era in image building, brand positioning and creating brand associations.
DMRC has awarded Wave Infratech the naming rights for two prominent stations in Noida – Noida City Centre and Noida Sector 18 along with exclusive marketing rights of media space for a period of 10 years. 3 most important things are to be noted here:
- Wave Infratech gets the exclusive marketing rights of media space for 10 years.
- DMRC earlier initiated ‘Naming bids’ for its metro stations in Noida.
- Wave Infratech gets the exclusive rights to modify the colour scheme and the branding rights of the stations in conformity with the DMRC guidelines.
Wave Infratech is a pioneer of the real estate and entertainment revolution in the city. Wave Infratech gave the city – The Centrestage Mall (Now Wave Mall) and now building Wave One in Sector 18. They have become a part of another milestone in the history of Noida after being awarded the ‘naming rights’ by DMRC for the two major Metro stations.