It is a part of the Ponty Chadha Foundation’s initiatives to set up medical camps regularly. These camps conduct free medical tests and check-ups. Recently such an event was conducted, where the foundation in collaboration with the Indo German Hospital organized a medical camp in Village Gujjar Garhi.
Here are some of the highlights of the health camp:
- A total of 108 patients from the village attended the camp.
- This is the third time the health camp has been organized in Gujjar Garhi.
- The medical camp was held at the village Pradhan’s house.
- Patients were given a token as they waited for their turn. They then registered their names and ages in the OPD card after which they were called by a doctor for a check-up. Later, they collected the medicines from the distribution counter.
- There were patients who had problems pertaining to dental and gastroenteritis, for which they were given medicines and also referred to the hospital where they could further do their check-up.
- The doctors at the camp pointed out that the female population of the village ignored gynaecological problems and urinary infections, due to lack of knowledge and lack of understanding and support from families.
- The health camp received a good response from the villagers. They said the free camp had benefited them very much as they got medicines for regular problems for which they had never received any treatment before.
The foundation was set up by Mrs. Jatinder Kaur Chadha, wife of the late Mr. Ponty Chadha. Mrs. Jatinder Kaur Chadha has kept the tradition alive and aims to channelize the group’s capabilities towards social welfare and economic development of the related communities.