Catching a flight on time is very important. Now, for the residents of Ghaziabad, The Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) will start an AC bus service from the Kaushambi bus depot in Ghaziabad to Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in Delhi by March-end.
- These buses will also ferry passengers from the airport to popular tourist destinations in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- A UPSRTC official said the service will provide city residents an easy option to commute to the airport.
- PK Bose, UPSRTC Regional Manager at Ghaziabad said “Response to the Ghaziabad-Gurgaon bus service has been good, as it makes lives easier for those working in Gurgaon. The direct bus service to the airport will provide more relief to residents”.
- These buses will also ferry passengers from the airport to popular tourist destinations-Rishikesh, Dehradun, Lucknow, Varanasi and Sarnath.
- “We conducted a survey at the airport last September and found that a majority of passengers who land at the Delhi airport go to Kashmere Gate or Anand Vihar ISBT to board a bus to these destinations. This becomes hectic for them. They will be able to board a bus to their destination from the airport itself once this service is started,” PK Bose said.