The first step for any city to become a world-class city is to enhance its infrastructure, especially its roads. As for the roads in Noida, Noida Authority is planning Rs 10 crore revamp of Noida’s road network to decongest key roads.
• The overhaul will include installing central verges and culverts and maintenance work on sector roads.
• Tenders for the maintenance work have been initiated and contractors had to be finalized by October 13.
• Work will be completed within a period of six month.
• Officials say that in the next phase, more arterial roads will be tackled.
• The aim of the plan is to clear gridlocks on frequently used and high-density road networks and to provide smooth access to motorists to service roads, connecting roads and to link routes like the Noida-Greater Noida expressway and Dadri-Surajpur-Chalera (DSC) road.
• Noida Authority officials also say that they will construct a central verge on this stretch using zero-maintenance technology. There will be no need for maintenance of the central verge for at least five years. This will be about 2.5 feet in height.
• A central verge will also be built on the roads connecting sectors 142 and 143, 91 and 136, 167 and 168 and 130 and 136, on the 45-metre-wide road running parallel to the e-way.
Source: Times of India