To boost pedestrian safety in Noida, the Noida Authority is moving forward on building an important skywalk at one of the busiest crossings.
- A tender has been initiated for a proposed skywalk project from Sector 15 Metro station to Indian Oil Building (IOC) on Udyog Marg.
- This skywalk will be 70-metre-long & will come at a cost of Rs. 8 Crore.
- This skywalk will connect the Sector 15 Metro station on Dadri-Surajpur-Chalera (DSC) road via the station’s concourse level and run parallel to Udyog Marg.
- Once construction starts by May 2016, the skywalk is expected to be completed within 9 to 10 months.
- “The purpose behind construction of the skywalk is to provide an alternate route to the public using the Metro as well as for other commuters approaching various places in the vicinity without using roads. Pedestrians will not face traffic congestion or parking hassles and will be able to reach their destination safely by using the skywalk,” said Sandeep Chandra, Project Engineer, Noida.