To boost the pedestrian safety in the city, the Noida Authority is soon going to build an important skywalk at one of the busiest crossings.
- The Noida Authority has initiated a tender for a proposed skywalk project to be located from Sector 15 Metro station to Indian Oil Building (IOC) located on Udyog Marg in the city.
- This 70-meter long pedestrian pathway will come at a cost of Rs. 8 Crore.
- This skywalk will connect the Sector 15 Metro station on Dadri-Surajpur-Chalera (DSC) road via the station’s concourse level and run parallel to Udyog Marg.
- Once construction starts by May 2016, the skywalk is expected to be in place within 9-10 months.
- The aim is at improving services to the pedestrian public of the city with a view to ensure safe and convenient walking for the pedestrians.