In a recent development in Ghaziabad, the residents will get additional Ganga water supply from this weekend.
• As Pratap Nagar water plant is all set to be operational. Ghaziabad residents to get benefits from it.
• According to Ghaziabad Water Department officials, the capacity of the Pratap Vihar plant has been increased to 150 cusec from 50 cusec per day.
• A new 100 cusec facility is also constructed with the help of funds from Noida & Ghaziabad Development Authority.
• Out of the 100 cusec facility 15 cusec will be sent to trans-Hindon areas and Pratap Vihar residential colony will get 5 cusec water.
• RK Agarwal, Executive Engineer at Pratap Vihar water plant said, “The trial run of the plant was successful. For the first few days, 50 cusecs of water will be released as GDA water department has to detect and repair leakages in supply lines. After fixing issues in the operation, additional 100 cusecs of water will be released.”