Every effort that enters Guinness Book of World Records is worth celebrating. UP receives the Guinness Book of World record for the largest number of saplings distributed in a day.
Noida has also played an important role in taking U.P. to this level. Noida is developed on 20 thousand hectare land and out of 10 thousand hectare land is green.
- Old sectors in Noida have 10 and 20% green lungs while new sectors have up to 30% green cover.
- Noida Authority has also planned NCR’s greenest sector, which is Sector 150. The Sector will have over 70% green coverage.
- Noida and Greater Noida Industrial Development Authorities Chairman Raman said, “Our target was 55 thousand but we achieved four thousand extra plants saplings.”
- Noida has become India’s first planned city with maximum green coverage; over 50% of Noida has green cover.
- It is pertinent to mention that in the coming days green cover in Noida will increase as massive plantation drive is going on and Noida Authority has taken up many steps to encourage green coverage like huge parks and ensure maximum green coverage in the sectors.