Indian Real Estate with the NRI diaspora at the forefront is poised for accelerated growth. NRIs have been actively investing in Indian real estate. Settled abroad, NRIs have the advantage of exposure to global standards of real estate.
- They have been instrumental in bringing financial and technological best practices to India from abroad.
- With lowering of interest rates and the announcement of new credit linked subsidy scheme have made market finance more accessible.
- The affordable housing space which has now been designated with the infrastructure status. NRIs on their part have rewarded these efforts with reinforced confidence and vision.
- By the end of 2016, the total investment (by NRIs) in a primary real estate in key Indian markets reached $9.6 Billion.
- Indians settled in the United States, Canada and Australia also hold significant investments in Indian property markets. 20% of the NRI investments is made by Non-Residents settled in the UAE.
- As against $6 billion NRI investments in 2013, the figure is expected to almost double in 2017, with approximately $11.5 billion to be invested this year.
Source: Financial Express