The first U-girder for the Noida-Greater Noida Metro corridor will be lifted and put into place across two piers at the Delta station in Greater Noida on Friday.
- The first U-shaped support beam for the 29.9 km. line has been readied in a record time of six months.
- Girders directly bear the load of Metro tracks and the use of U-shaped ones helps speed up construction work.
- The technology has already been used by the DMRC on the Airport line and Badarpur-Faridabad corridor.
- DMRC officials said the first girder of 27m length was cast and lifted on November 10. It took DMRC about six months to ready the U-girder up to 1km following the letter of acceptance from Noida Metro. While the corridor’s contract has been given to an Indo-Taiwanese consortium, designers are Spanish, French and Indian companies.
- This 150 ton girder is now ready for installation. Two cranes of 350 ton capacity each will put the girder at its place on Friday. The entire work will be completed in about 30-35 minutes.
- The viaduct will be visible somewhere between Delta-I and Alpha-II stations in Greater Noida.