Rainwater harvesting is a technique of collection and storage of rainwater into natural reservoirs or tanks, or the infiltration of surface water into subsurface aquifers (before it is lost as surface runoff). One method of rainwater harvesting is rooftop harvesting.
Benefits of Rainwater harvesting
- Collecting and using your own water can also significantly reduce your water bills.
- Harvesting rainwater allows us to better utilize an energy resource.
- Most rooftops act as a workable catchment area, which can be linked to the harvesting system.
- As the population increases, the demand for water sees a hike; as a result many extract ground water to fulfil their daily demands. This leads to depletion of ground water. Rainwater harvesting reduces the demand on ground water.
- During rainy season, if the rainwater is collected in large storage tanks, it will help in reducing floods in some low lying areas.
- Rainwater when collected can be used for several non-drinking functions including flushing toilets, washing clothes, watering the garden, washing cars, etc.
Wave City Center in sector 32, Noida, gives importance to this natural resource and has rainwater harvesting system in place. Wave City Center, the newest destination, which by virtue of sheer scale, towers over anything that has been ever witnessed by Delhi / NCR. As the first-of-its-kind commercial & residential development in the heart of Noida, its epic ambition is unprecedented.