Solid waste management can be categorised in 2 types, commercial and domestic wastes. Solid waste also includes hazardous waste generated by various industries. It is one of the major challenges faced by many countries around the globe. Inadequate collection, recycling or treatment and uncontrolled disposal of waste in dumps can lead to severe hazards, such as health risks and environmental pollution.
Wave City, world’s largest IGBC pre-certified platinum rated township is designed to provide more efficient management of the city’s services and resources by the use and modernisation of new information and communication technologies (ICT). With hi-tech features in place, Wave City offers sustainable living environment.
Responsible disposal of waste is a responsibility that will not be overlooked here. For our environment to thrive and flourish, it is important that we dispose the waste well. The smart organic waste management system at Wave City makes it easier:
- Organic Waste Convertors reduces the emission of Co2 in the atmosphere
- Keeps the area green
- Restricts the emission of polluting elements into the atmosphere
- Manure is generated for horticulture
- Biogas can be used as cooking gas source
- Biogas engines are used for producing electricity & used for common services like street lighting