Understanding the environment & the atmospheric processes is very important. It is also very important to know how an urban development will be affected by climate change. Weather Stations do this job in a sustainable city.
What is a weather station?
A weather station is a facility, either on land or sea, with instruments and equipment for measuring atmospheric conditions to provide information for weather forecasts and to study the weather and climate.
How do you measure the weather?
There are various instruments for the same:
- RAIN GAUGE – measures the amount of rain that has fallen over a specific time period.
- WIND VANE – an instrument that determines the direction from which the wind is blowing.
- ANEMOMETER – measures wind speed.
The Information & Communication Technology at Wave City will keep you updated with the slightest change in temperature or air quality. It will be a smart way to stay a step ahead of the unpredictable weather conditions.
- Residents will be aware of dangerous wind chill and heat index levels in advance.
- Due to measurement of visibility chances of accidents will be less.
- The storm warning alarms will notify you when dangerous storms are approaching.
- Detailed weather conditions may be viewed.
- Measures the various weather parameters.